(The closest this comes to making me believe in a god is it makes me say, "Christ, this argument is a mess," but here's my attempt to disentangle the active premises in a coherent manner.)
- If an entity has the possibility of not existing, then in an infinite time, it must realize this state of non-being.
- There has been an infinite period of time,* and the universe still exists.
- Therefore there must be an entity that does not have the possibility of not existing, from which the universe derives its longevity.
- Such a being is called a necessary being.
- This necessary being is Cthulhu.
*remember folks, we're not discussing the validity of the logic, or the accuracy of the premises, just seeing if the arguments as given can equally apply to Cthulhu as to Yahweh.