Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Arguments for the Existence of Cthulhu, Part One

The Friendly Atheist provides an apologetics link that would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. Let's see if I can use all the arguments to "prove" the existence of Cthulhu.

The Argument from Change

We can see that things change. And in order to change, they must have some outside force act on them. A seed cannot grow into a plant without soil, water, and sun acting on it. A planet cannot move without the gravitational force of other objects affecting it. And each item that changes things is itself acted on, ad infinitum.

Since the universe is full of constant change, and is itself changing, it must therefore have something external acting on it. This being, outside space and time, is Cthulhu, who lies dreaming in the inky void.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came here from your comment on the Friendly Atheist blog.

"Arguments for the Existence of Cthulhu", indeed! Mind if I borrow one the next time the Fundies start annoying me?

Christy said...

Be my guest! It really reveals the massive amount of assumption that goes into these arguments when they leap from "there is something unexplained" to "therefore Jesus died for your sins!"

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I really love these arguments you've been presenting! I'm going to print them off and save them for the next time I have to deal with rabid Bible-thumpers. (The good news is, we have fewer of them around here than where we used to live, Cthulhu be praised!)